If you are from a Desi background, it is inevitable that you have watched a couple hundred Bollywood movies. Unfortunately, Karan Johar did not direct your life.
1. Timing in real life is not as perfect.
Sometimes when we are having a good day, we just need sprawling acres of land to magically appear in the middle of a bustling city so we can express our excitement through song and dance. Unfortunately, we live in the real world where that doesn’t happen, so we have to hold off on our musical number until we find such a place or learn to teleport (whichever comes first).
2. And on that note, no one in real life breaks into song and dance.
Filmkraft Productions / Via giphy.com
I mean, you can try, but you will not look as cool as any of the actors in Bollywood.
3. It is highly unlikely that you will win a ten-on-one fight after being shot.
There is not much to say to this one except science, bitch.
Just because your intentions are pure, it doesn’t make you invincible.
Lets be real, just because you are the good guy does not mean that the gods will grant you with super human strength to take on the gang of gundas sent by your significant other’s baba to beat the pyar out of you.
4. But then again, what is logic?
Don’t let realism kill your vibe. You do you Bollywood.
5. The laws of physics have nothing on Bollywood.
I think we can all agree that the REAL villain here is gravity.
6. The hanky-panky passed off as “love at first sight” is actually kind of creepy if/when executed in real life.
Bollywood: This kind of love is to die for.Reality: This kind of love is how stalker situations start.
7. Half the things these characters get away with can get you 10-15 years.
Dreamz Unlimited / Via bollygifs.tumblr.com
No, you cannot destroy an entire town and still expect the townspeople to attend your wedding.
8. No one in the world has enough time for the malarkey that comes with such “true love.”
True love is worth fighting for, but is it really worth an arm and a leg?
9. And finally, no one wakes up like this (flawless).
Eros International / Via benedictdearest.tumblr.com
This stigma isn’t just limited to Bollywood, but a reality check to those who believe otherwise: no one wakes up flawless. Sorry Yoncé.
10. But despite its delusional sense of reality, you are genetically predisposed to love Bollywood if you are Desi.
SLB Films / Via giphy.com
Every non-Desi will question your obsession with these movies, but you know that they will never understand unless they grew up on Bollywood.