How do kids these days function without the classic DCOMs?
1. Nobody likes a sell-out.
Do the things you like to do simply because you enjoy them! Look how well things turned out for Andy “Brink” Brinker when he embraced soul skating.
2. Do not judge.
You never really know a man until you stand in his shoes and walk around in them.
3. Defy authority every once in a while.
It’s fun. And sometimes you can get away with it.
4. Your parents will lie to you, and you will get upset.
For example, they might lie to you about your mother’s secret Leprechaun heritage.
5. Don’t bring your good clothes when doing something outdoorsy.
Wonderfully depicted by Joey Lawrence in “Horse Sense.”
6. Don’t be a bully.
Dialogue so on point, per usual.
7. Be yourself. Normal is boring.
8. Friendship sees no color.
9. Do not deny your inner child.
Terrifying things will happen if you do…see: “Don’t Look Under The Bed”
10. Hunger does crazy things to your brain (and behavior).
11. Believe in the impossible.
Never underestimate the underdogs!
12. Do not under any circumstances “Stick to the Status Quo.”
Hey. If you want to sing, Zac Efron, you sing. The Wildcats will understand.
13. Wearing sunglasses inside is acceptable.
Specifically when trying to look badass…or because you’re very hungover.
14. Go big, or go home.
Do not even ATTEMPT anything if you’re not going to go big.
15. Be a loyal friend.
Stand by your friends no matter what!
16. You really shouldn’t lie to people.
Girl pretends to be boy. Girl falls in love with motocross genius. Girl professes love while motocross genius still thinks she is a boy. A mess ensues. Just don’t do it!
17. Don’t mess with technology you don’t understand.
You could end up trapped in your house by a computer that wants to be your mother. Talk about awkward!
18. Stay optimistic even when the future seems bleak.
You can really dance your way out of any problem.
19. Your family is going to be weird, so you may as well embrace it.
Be thankful your siblings aren’t from another planet…
20. Love is great.
…so I hear.